Why do I allow anonymous comments?
- Not all anonymous commenters are ANTs. They have something substantial to contribute to the conversation. But they have to keep their identity a secret, out of a genuine fear of reprisal. Either that or they don't know how to create a Blogspot account.
- You can't have a good story without conflict. You can't have a good political blog without a conflicting point of veiw. While it is challenging to have a debate or insult match with someone who I know nothing about, I think I manage it well.
- Some of the comments do make me laugh.
- Many of the comments are intended to upset people, but I just blow them off. If you don't have thick skin, you should probably stay out of blogging and politics altogether. Or you can take the opprotunity to fume and blow off steam where nobody can see you, so you learn not to have an outburst in public.
- ANTs derive some emotional gratification from the comments that they make, otherwise they wouldn't bother. It's one of the only joys in their sad little lives, so I'm glad to be of service.
I probably won't have time to update this blog until after the election. I am busy with both my own campaign and the LPAC blog. Until 6pm on November 6th, you all can treat this like an open post thread.