Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over.
Saturday, September 08, 2018
Saturday, April 28, 2018
1. When a doctor says A and a parent says B, I tend to go with what the doctor says. Usually the doctors are right. After reviewing Alfie's case, I believe that the boy is already brain dead and will never recover. Further treatment is a waste of resources.
2. If the doctor says it's hopeless, the parents have a right to seek a second opinion. But Italian doctors who have observed Alfie agree with the UK doctors.
3. Courts sometimes have to rule on what's in the best interests of the child. If the doctor says the child needs antibiotics and the parents say the child needs holistic organic regression therapy, the court should probably rule in favor of the doctor. But it's in the best interest of a child to live, not just receive palliative care.
4. If a patient is brain dead, not even palliative care serves any purpose. The only reason I can think of for a British court to insist that Alfie finish dying in a UK hospital is to uphold the authority of the doctors over the parents.
5. But this isn't just about socialized medicine vs private medicine. People needs to understand that life starts and stops with the brain. It's the only organ in the body that can never be replaced or transplanted. In the Baby K case, a hospital was required to keep an anencephalic infant on life support for 2 years because the mother would not accept that the baby was born brain dead.
6. Hospitals should not be required to eat the cost of keeping brain dead patients alive. Neither should insurance companies or the NHS for that matter. If Alfie's Army wanted to raise money for this hopeless case, they should have been allowed to do so.
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
EDIT: I was asked what date this would happen by. I'm going with June 30th, 2018.
Thursday, December 07, 2017
Saturday, December 02, 2017
A: Imagine a flat-chested butch lesbian with a penis who can lift heavy objects.
Friday, October 20, 2017
Nazis in this day and age understand that they have an image problem. They are as popular as sex offenders and terrorists. They make for great villains in fiction because there was a time when they were better equipped and organized than they are now.
Of all the things Nazi could care or complain about, like the way they are portrayed in countless movies, novels, TV shows, comic books, they are complaining about a video game that has not been released yet. They have to know that this generates publicity and buzz about this big budget commercial product, right?
Look at this tweet and the response by @JacksonCrw/