Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Win Moses proposes new "Knock First" Bill

State Representative Win Moses (D-81) has proposed a "Knock First" law. He insists that homeowners might shoot police by mistake. While I agree that the safety of homeowners and police officers is important, this seems to imply that police do not need to knock if they are raiding the house of a non-gun owner. Police should give some notice that they are about to search a residence so to give the resident time to pull their pants or skirt up.

3 comments:

  1. And what is your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think residents have the right to be notified if police are about to enter their home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree.

    I actually like that in many cases now that police can use evidence that they come across by accident.

    I think they should have to knock.

    Mike Sylvester

    ReplyDelete