Saturday, April 08, 2006

Working on Mike Sylvester's Campaign

I haven't posted in a couple days because I'm busy working on Mike's campaign for school board. I'm going door to door in housing additions in the NACS district distributing door hangers with his family portrait and platform on them. I also have a bunch of campaign buttons, but since I don't see very many people when I go out on my route, I haven't handed any out yet.

(If anyone wants a button, let me or Mike know. They might be a collector's item someday. You probably won't put your kid through college by selling one on eBay. But maybe you'll be able to afford to by all the pencils that he'll ever need. That is, if they still allow sharp objects on campus 10 years from now....)

I've been handing out a couple hundred a day. I didn't go out today because my legs and shoulders are sore. This is the unglamourous grunt work of politics but this is ultimately what gets people into office. Make all the proposals you want, formulate some possible policies, or go post anonymous flame comments on other people's blogs. Eventually, someone has to leave the house and make sure that actual voters outside of the candidate's immediate family are aware of the issues. That's what I'm doing now. Hopefully I can finish giving out the rest of the hangers by the end of next week.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:32 AM

    Wow, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do appreciate it!

    Mike Sylvester

    ReplyDelete