Monday, November 07, 2005

Notes on the first quarter of Monday Night Football

Note: I'm coming done with insomnia, and I'm just writing this crap to get it out of my system. Since its typed up, I might as well post this shit. I promise my next post will be good.

For the first time in my life I hope the Colts win a game. I have a date with a Colts fan on Wednesday, and it will go better if she’s in a good mood. Studies have actually shown that people’s emotions are dependant to a degree on the success or failure of their favorite sports teams.
The commercial that showed GMC vehicles being produced on an assembly line makes me think of my job guarding a warehouse that stores parts for the GM plant, where the trucks in that commercial were likely made.
Peyton’s first play was a long bomb pass designed to demoralize the home crowd as much as to gain yardage. I think he’s playing a psychological game. He’s just proved that he can score quickly. Brady has proven he can score slowly.
The Pats are going for it on 4th and 2. I like to go for it on 4th and short when playing Madden. Fucking “Fair Play” settings online don’t let me do that even if I’m in the redzone.
Ford keeps making futile attempts to get morons to keep buying SUV’s. I think the economy is suffering from a lack of rich idiots.
I’ll look it up in the morning, but I think Mike Sylvester has already made a blog entry on this game. Why the fuck did the spell checker put a red line under “redzone” and “blog”?
Al Michaels and John Madden keep re-emphasing that the Patriots are Peyton's weak spot. This is the biggest game of the regular season and I have to take a nap now. Good luck to Naptown tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment