Friday, November 18, 2022

My wife made me get another Facebook account.

Some more thoughts about getting banned and getting back on.

I think I tripped an algorithm and got banned. The very last thing I posted with my old account was a poor taste joke about Dale Gribble from King Of The Hill getting shot by the Oregon State Police alongside Lavoy Finicum. Maybe typing "Lavoy Finicum" set up a red flag to the ban bots. Maybe I was targeted by malicious reporters.

Maybe I shouldn't have spend so much time at shitposting pages. I'm not going to pretend that this is entirely not my fault. But sticking to safe topics is boring. If I wanted to do that, I'd just watch network TV.

Of course I had to alert key friends that I was banned from FB. So I tweeted about it. Of course shady people reached out to me offering to restore my account for a fee. I refuse to believe that this would work, and I refuse to pay in any case. Facebook promised that the site would be forever free to users, so I'm holding them to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment