Saturday, June 19, 2021

I'm a Democrat now.

In a nutshell, ideologically I am a libertarian. Historically I tended to agree with Republicans on economic issues and mostly agreed with Democrats on social issues. But elements within the Republican Party are trying to start a civil war within the US. On January 6th, then-President Donald Trump sent a large number of his supporters into the Capitol in order to hold Congress hostage and force them to allow him to remain in office. This was an act of domestic terrorism.

The Republican Party needs to come to terms with what happened and why. But it doesn't seem like they are ready to admit that Trump lost the election and used violent means in an attempt to remain in power. Folks, another civil war is not something a fiscal conservative should want. The economic damage would reduce tax revenue and there would be a huge increase in military spending which would blow out the deficit even more. If the economy is a high priority for you, then a civil war should be something that you don't really want. Oh yeah, and people will get killed.

So my goal for the next election cycle is to cause the GOP to lose support, funding, and elections. I don't even care about free college or ACA, I just want Republicans to lose. I hope a different opposition party emerges to replace it, but since I won't know what that party will look like, I'm going to be a Democrat just to be on the safe side.

No comments:

Post a Comment